MASCON RESTORATIONS seeking a full time Commercial Site Supervisor/Superintendent to oversee projects. Working closely with architects, project managers, sub trades, structural engineering and the client to ensure the project is completed on time and on budget. Our ideal candidate is proactive detail orientated, must work well in teams, and has experience working on commercial construction projects.
- Working daily or nightly as required
- Willingness to travel in Ontario
- Supervise, coordinate, and plan activities of site personnel, sub-trades and other contractors.
- Assist in determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, and work schedule, and document actual hours worked.
- Experience with scheduling site logistics, providing clear direction to trades and labourers,
- Ensure that drawings and specifications are being properly followed to a high standard of quality.
- Enforce Health and Safety Policy, and ensure all personnel attending the site have had proper safety orientation and support
- Reporting to project managers on project progress and addressing any project concerns
- Closing off projects in a timely manner by ensuring that all deficiencies are addressed
- Be highly organized and efficient in keeping daily schedules current
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite
- Follow and adhere to Occupational Health & Safety Act, as well as company Health & Safety & Employee Policies
- Ensure all required inspections, materials, equipment and support personnel activities are coordinated with project schedule.
- Attend daily/weekly site meeting as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 3+ years of experience as a site supervisor in commercial construction
- Have a valid Driver’s License, access to a vehicle with Valid Auto Insurance, and the ability to travel to multiple job sites throughout Kingston,Ottawa Southern Ontario.
- Strong communication and time management skills. Able to handle a wide variety of tasks and demands
- Trade skills such as rough/finish carpentry, framing, dry walling, etc. are considered an asset
- Knowledge of provincial and municipal building codes and Ontario health and safety regulations
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, details, and specifications
- Have a valid Driver’s License, access to a vehicle with Valid Auto Insurance, and the ability to travel to multiple job sites throughout Toronto and the GTA and nationwide.
- Basic knowledge of: Microsoft office – Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint. Outlook.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,682.00-$71,722.00 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour